A professor emeritus of Christian ethics at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky, Pohl is known for her work on hospitality, most notably in her 1999 book, “Making Room: Recovering Hospitality as a Christian Tradition.”
As I was analyzing her work, the “Attributes of God” kept coming to mind. Although there are many, read the list below and see how you can relate to God’s attributes:
God Is Infinite – He is Self-Existing, Without Origin
God Is Immutable – He Never Changes
God Is Self-Sufficient – He Has No Needs
God is Omnipotent – He Is All-Powerful
God Is Omniscient – He Is All-Knowing
God Is Omnipresent – He Is Always Everywhere
God Is Wise – He Is Full of Perfect, Unchanging Wisdom
God Is Faithful – He Is Infinitely, Unchangingly True
God Is Good – He Is Infinitely, Unchangingly Kind and Full of Good Will
God Is Just – He Is Infinitely, Unchangeably Right, and Perfect in All He Does
God Is Merciful – He is Infinitely, Unchangeably Compassionate and Kind
God Is Gracious – God Is Infinitely Inclined to Spare the Guilty
God Is Loving – God Infinitely, Unchangingly Loves Us
God Is Holy – He is Infinitely, Unchangingly Perfect
God Is Glorious – He is Infinitely Beautiful and Great
Friends, this is what is intended for all believers! Though there are some attributes we cannot imitate, like omniscience and omnipresence, there are many we can adopt. As we come to know God better, our lives should begin to conform to His ways. The result will be changed lives that bring us and those around us the peace and joy of living in harmony with our God who Is: Glorious – He is Infinitely Beautiful and Great!
In Christ, Pastor Joe
About Our Pastor
1. Where were you born? I was born in Nassau, Bahamas
2. Describe your family. My family is a pet lover (mainly dogs) and the four boys play soccer.
3. Were you always a Presbyterian? My father was a Baptist preacher, but later in life chose to be a Presbyterian.
4. What is your fondest childhood memory? I remember my dad teaching me how to swim and ride a motorcycle.
5. What did/do you do for a living? My first paying job was picking oranges; it lasted one day. Then I worked for Denny’s restaurant for seven years while I was attending college. Meanwhile, I also tried to sell life insurance and used cars which lasted about four months.
6. What do you like to do with your leisure time? Besides being around my family, I enjoy lifting weights, running, riding a motorcycle, playing soccer, traveling, playing guitar and washing fast car movies.
7. Is there anything left on your bucket list that you wish to do? I would like to eat sea food in every country.
8. Is there something that most people don’t know about you? I am an open-book.
9. What will your tombstone say about you? Well done “HAPPY”, faithful servant.